Monday, June 23, 2014

Shameless Self Promotion - Introducing: Hiss the Villain



If I am anything, it is a lover of music, and this love has inspired me to create my own for over a decade now. Playing the bass guitar has been my passion since the moment I picked it up, and though I have performed in multiple bands with dozens of musicians in my time, my current project is something with so much drive and innovation that I am perpetually blown away by both its potential and its achievement. That said, allow me to (shamelessly) promote my own agenda, and introduce you to the act for which I am privileged to provide strings and backing vocals, Hiss the Villain.


After the dissolution of the ska outfit Nothing to Prove, Dylan [drums/percussion] and I continued writing music as a duo, under the moniker The Rob Approach. Within six months we had recorded a six-track demo (including an early take of “Wicked Self”), but between school and work, we found it hard to keep up the momentum. During this time, I had the great fortune of meeting Ðemi [vocals/guitar] and Amanda [bass guitar], who had been writing music for years as the Ðemi Project, but had yet to locate like-minded musicians to join them. After a few casual jam sessions and a trip to the restaurant Gippers, the decision was made to combine forces, and thus began Hiss the Villain.


Our influences span the entire genre spectrum, drawing on acts as energetic as At the Drive-In and Norma Jean, as intricate as The Mars Volta and The Dillinger Escape Plan, or as colorful as Death Cab for Cutie and Silversun Pickups. Our blend of sophisticated melodies and unadulterated energy is unique, engaging, and guaranteed to leave you craving more. And yes, you are seeing two bass guitars.


For the past year, we have been hard at work writing original music, collaborating to create complex and interesting compositions as well as working to provide an energetic and extraordinary live performance.
You can catch us next at The Webster Underground in Hartford, CT this Friday, June 27th. Tickets are available through any one of us or right here
Besides the obvious personal benefits, I urge you, dear reader, to check out Hiss the Villain, and see what all the fuss is about. Because there is a hell of a lot of fuss, and only more to come. I will be posting updates as HTV continues to book shows and hit milestones, so keep checking back!

You can find us at: www.hissthevillain.com or click one of the icons below:


   

No comments:

Post a Comment